Friday, August 26, 2011

Kai yad sai- Stuffing egg



                Last weekend I went to my friend’s house, she gave me a lot of garden vegetables from her neighbor she told me that I could use it for my cooking blog (Thanks P-lek).  So I got a lot of tomatoes and long beans.  Now it is time to cook them.  Tomatoes of course you know them but what about long beans?  

Long bean is one kind of beans that the pod is very long (around 2 feet long) and it tastes sweet like young green beans (it means you can use green beans instead of long beans).  Since I got those 2 vegetables it reminds me of one menu that my mom always cooked for me when I was kid called : Kai yad sai or stuffing egg.  This dish was the dish that inspired me into cooking, because I saw how my mom made it and came out so amazing.  That moment I knew myself I wanted to learn how to cook!!!

                For this dish it is actually easy to make and eat specially for the kid, because it hides out all the vegetable that they don’t like) and covers it up with a cool looking egg warp and when they tasted it Amm… so yummy!!!


Ingredients: 4 serving

4 eggs

½ lb ground pork

1 cup long bean or green bean cut into thin slices

1 cup dice tomato

1 cup dice onion

1 tsp. chop garlic

3 tbsp. ketchup

1 tbsp. soy sauce or 1 tsp. salt

¼ tsp. pepper

1 tsp. vegetable oil

1tbsp. water

Cooking instructions

1.       Preheat the pan in medium heat then add garlic cook it until golden

2.       Add ground pork cooked it through then add onion stir it until onion cooked

3.       Add tomato, long bean or green bean then add ketchup, soy sauce, water and pepper stir it until cooked then turn the heat off and set aside

4.       Preheat nonstick pan at medium low heat, meanwhile beat up 1 egg when the  pan is hot add the egg then turn the pan around to make the egg coat the pan (like making crepes) letting the egg cook : the rim of the egg will came off from the pan then turn the heat off


5.       Add stuffing into the egg fold the egg then put the serving plate cover the folded egg. Turn the plate now you got yourself amazing stuffing egg!!!






3 comments:

  1. This looks delicious! And the presentation is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice recipe! and great photos too. The wrap gave the dish an extra mile

    ReplyDelete