Friday, June 10, 2011

Gai sabb- spicy fried chicken salad.


           Today I just finished organizing my house.  I didn’t have to much time to cook and I wanted something spicy, so my menu today is made from ready to eat fried chicken from Wal-Mart but spice it up with this recipe “Gai Sabb” a very easy fix meal for my spicy craving.
            This recipe actually came from one of the KFC menus in Thailand.  They just developed it for their fried chicken for Thai peoples taste buds. First time I tried this dish was around 6-7 years ago and I like it.  They still have this dish on the menu. That probably means they got it right!!! So you try it and let me know what you think.
Ingredients
1 Fried chicken breast cut into bite size
½ cup slice half moon onion
1 lime juice
2 tbsp. soy sauce or fish sauce
2 tbsp. water
1 tsp. sugar
1 tbsp. chop mint
1 tsp. green onion
2 tsp. rice powder (see how to make it in Num tok blog)
1 tsp. dried Thai chili flack or cunjan chili (up to your hot level)  

Cooking  instructions
1.  In mixing bowl mix sugar, water, lime juice and soy sauce/fish sauce until sugar dissolves.
2.  Add fried chicken, onion, chili flack, rice powder, mint, green onion.  Toss them all until mixed well.

3.  Serve with rice and fresh vegetable like carrot or cabbage  

No comments:

Post a Comment