Thursday, June 23, 2011

Beef and mushroom oyster sauce.


            A lot of people asked me where did I get oyster sauce, and the following question was can I use oyster sauce in anothe dish?  I will answer them both. 1st I bought my oyster sauce at a Thai grocery store, but one of our readers tells me that you can find it next to where there are soy sauce in a regular grocery store.  The second answer is you can use the oyster sauce in almost all of stir fried recipes and that’s why today I cook this dish.

            Beef and mushroom oyster sauce or Nuea Pad Num Mon Hoi. In thai “Nuea” means beef ,”Pad” means stir fried(in my basic Thai cooking blog) and ”Num-Mon Hoi” means oyster sauce. Yes in the name it’s doesn’t have mushroom but for me I like to put mushroom to balance nutrition in dish.  Actually this dish is Chinese Thai food so don’t worry this one is not spicy!! Now are you ready for the recipe….

Ingredients
½ pound thin slice sirloin steak
1 cup of mushroom
1/3  cup onion
¼ cup green onion
¼ cup of oyster sauce
1 tbsp. garlic
1-2 tbsp. soy sauce
1-2 tsp. sugar
1-2 tbsp. water
1 tbsp. vegetable oil

Cooking instructions
1.      In the wok or large pan heat up vegetable in to medium high heat.
2.      Add Garlic cook until golden brown
3.      Add beef stir till meat cooked then mushrooms and onion stir it
4.      Add soy sauce, sugar and oyster sauce to season then add water.
5.      At the end add green onion then turn the heat off.
6.      Serve with steamed rice
Now you get yourself a Thai fast food full with nutrition…dig in!!

No comments:

Post a Comment