Anyway in America and especially in Georgia most of the Thai restaurants use Thai basil not Holly basil, because it is too hard to find holly basil. My recipe calls for Thai basil, if you cannot find Thai Basil use sweet basil. I have tried sweet basil one time. It worked OK in the dish, but you need to use it 2X more than Thai basil. Now are you hungry? Let’s start cooking.
2 gloves of garlic (minced)
1-7 chopped Thai chili (up to your hot level, 3 for medium)
½ pound meat (slice or ground)
¼ cup bell pepper (for the color)
¼ cup Thai Basil (If sweet basil use ½ cup)
1 tbsp. oyster sauce
½ tsp. sugar
1 tbsp. vegetable oil
1. In the pan heat up oil till hot, add garlic and chili stir it until you smell the aroma (Whenever you sneeze that’s it!)
Note: If you can’t handle the sneeze and aroma all over the house just add chili after adding meat (like VDO)
2. Add meat, stir, add sugar and all the sauce, stir until meat cooked
3. Add vegetable stir till cooked
4. At the end add basil turn the heat off and stir till mixed well
5. Serve with steamed rice fried egg (sunny side up or upside down that’s up to you)
If you want to make it just like in Thailand have lime, fish sauce and fresh chili dipping sauce (recipe follow) on the side. Now it’s complete!!!
No cooking required just mix it together and it’s done.