Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Phar nung ma now : spicy lime/lemon fish



                 I have been craving for something spicy and healthy after my cough was gone.  I haven’t gone to the Asian grocery for over a month what am I going to eat!  After I opened my refrigerator and freezer I found tilapia, lemon and cilantro.  In my pantry I have garlic and in my garden I have fresh Cajun chili….Alright I will make my version of spicy lime fish by using the lemon instead of lime and fresh Cajun chili instead of fresh Thai chili.  It came out very good, the lemon worked beautifully with the fish and fresh Cajun chili because it is not too spicy (over powering) but spicy enough to make the dish tasty. Amm.. The more I talk the more my mouth is watering let’s get started…

Ingredients

2 pieces of filet tilapia fish ( you can also use the whole fish)

3-4 globes of thin sliced garlic

2 tbsp. chopped fresh chili

2 tbsp. lime juice or lemon juice

2 tbsp. fish sauce

3 tbsp. water

2 tbsp. chopped cilantro

3 tbsp. chicken stock

 Some salt

Cooking instructions:

1.       Place the fish In the baking dish and season it with a little bit of salt then add water and cook it

a.       Microwave Instructions:  at high heat for ½ pound of fish for 2-4 minutes, 1 pound of fish 3-5 minutes.

b.      Steaming instructions : steam it in a steamer about 5 minutes per ½ pound of fish

c.       Oven instruction  : Cover with foil, bake at 400 o F until the fish cooked

-  Whole fish 20-30 minutes

-   Filet fish 4-6 minutes per ½ inch thick

2.       Meanwhile add the rest of the ingredients except cilantro into mixing bowl and mix well

3.       Place the fish onto a serving plate then pour sauce over the fish

4.        Garnish with cilantro serving with steamed rice

No comments:

Post a Comment