Yesterday I felt very lazy. Around 4 pm my hubby asked me “Honey! What are we having tonight?”. Oh my god !!! I forgot to go to the grocery store. I opened the refrigerator and all I had left over was steamed rice and some eggs, checked in the freezer and got a bag of frozen shrimp (I always have frozen shrimp in my hand). So the easy menu popped up in my head “fried rice shrimp” my family’s favorite.
Fried rice is a very common Asian food that you can find in a lot of countries and one of America’s favorite. In Thailand we have a lot of kinds of fried rice, the regular one with all kinds of meat like chicken, shrimp, pork, crab and seafood. We also have a difference kind of ingredient in it, some of them have a shrimp paste and some of them have a lot of ingredients in it. (I think we can make everything fried rice almost) but I have to tell you all about those recipes in the future, because today we are going to start with basic fried rice.
½ pound shrimp
2 cups of fried rice
¼ cup diced onion (if you don’t like it leave it out)
1 tbsp. minced garlic.
¼ cup frozen pea and carrot (you can put any kind of vegetable you like)
3 tbsp. vegetable oil
4 tbsp. soy sauce (it’s up to you)
1 tbsp. butter (but If you don’t want it leave it out)
1. Preheat the large pan at high heat, pour the oil, when the oil gets hot turn back to medium high heat.
2. Add garlic cook it until golden, add shrimp stir until it cooks then set aside.
3. Add egg stir it just until it scrambles egg, then add onion stir about a couple times add rice and keep stirring.
4. Add soy sauce all over the rice, keep stirring it until mixed well (all rice turn into brown color) keep stirring.
5. Add pea and carrot keep stirring them about 2-3 minute
6. At the end add butter stir until butter melted all over the rice, Turn the heat off.
7. For Thai traditional we serve with slice cucumber and lime fish sauce and chili dipping sauce (recipe in Thai Basil stir fried blog), or for my hubby I serve with siracha sauce.