This is my favorite all time noodle dishes. Actually this dish is Thai-Chinese dish. For this recipe it is very popular in Thailand called “rad nay yod puk” or in Thai meaning stir fried wide rice noodle with pork gravy sauce and Chinese broccoli. For this recipe I recommend just pork, because it is the best to marinate with this recipe, but if you want to use chicken or beef or seafood you don’t need to marinate, but trust me pork is the best!! For cooking instructions you will have 3 cooking parts first is for noodle, 2nd is Chinese broccoli and last but not least is the pork gravy served by laying noodle on the bottom and adding Chinese broccoli and topped with pork gravy. This tastes not spicy and it is really good. You can use thin rice noodle or crunchy noodle instead of wide rice noodle.
In Thailand when we always serve a noodle dish with fish sauce, dry chili pepper, vinegar, and sugar along the side for seasoning the dish in the way you like. Because Thai people believe that difference people have different tastes. Now it’s time to cook!!!
1 pack dry wide rice noodle
6 cups water
3 tbsp. vegetable oil
2-3 tbsp. Sweet soy sauce (if you cannot find use soy sauce)
1 tbsp. oil
½ pound Chinese broccoli cut into 1 inch.
¼ tsp. salt
Pork and Gravy
½ pound pork chop sliced into ¼ inch thick
2 egg whites
4 tbsp. oyster sauce
6 tbsp. soy sauce
8 tbsp. sugar
2 tsp. ground pepper
3 tbsp. minced garlic
1 tbsp. oil
4 cups of water
3 tbsp. corn starch mixed with 3 tbsp. water
1. In the marinate bowl mix pork, egg white, oyster sauce, 2 tbsp. soy sauce, 2 tbsp. sugar, ground pepper together until mixed well and let it marinate about 1- 3 hours
2. Boil hot water then add noodle, cook until noodle soft about 2-3 minute. (If you can find soft noodle skip this part)
3. In large pan preheat oil in high heat when oil is hot add soften noodle stir it, add sweet soy sauce keep stirring until sauce mixed well about 2-3 minutes, take it out from pan. Set aside
4. In the same pan add 1 tbsp. oil preheat in high heat when oil is hot add Chinese broccoli and salt stir it until broccoli is cooked, take it out from the pan and set aside.
5. In the pot preheat 1 tbsp. oil in medium high heat when the oil is hot add minced garlic cook until golden brown.
6. Add marinated pork stir until it cooked
7. Add water and remaining sugar and soy sauce for seasoning keep stirring.
8. Add corn starch, mix into gravy and keep stirring until gravy is thickened.
9. In the serving bowl lay noodle on the bottom and then broccoli and top with gravy pork and fish sauce, vinegar, sugar, dry chili on the side.