Friday, July 15, 2011

Ground pork rice soup


                A lot of people asked me what do I feed my baby?  Did you feed her Thai food?  Is that too spicy for the baby?  Ok, I have my 21 mouth old girl and I want her to get used to Thai food.  So I cooked a lot of Thai food for her that is not spicy (not every Thai foods are spicy right!!)  Thai omelet, fried rice, chicken soup and one of her favorite recipes is rice soup.  This food is not just for the baby, but is one of my favorite especially when I’m sick.

                In Thailand we eat rice soup as a breakfast or for some people they like it as a midnight snack.  For me this is more like comfort food.   Actually we have 2 different kinds of rice soup, one is called “Khaw Tom Kui” it is a rice that boils in water at least 1 hour making it really thick and with a soft consistency.   We eat with all kinds of side dishes called “Kap Khaw”  Ex. fried Chinese sausage , salty eggs,  pickles ect.(I will talk about that sometime) For another kind of rice soup that I made today is called “Khaw tom Kraeng” and it is very easy to make, you just need to make soup and add any kind of meat like shrimp, chicken, seafood or fish, but today I have a ground pork in my refrigerator and it is easy to eat for my baby too and top with some green onions , celery leaves and fried garlic so let’s get started!!!
Ingredients; 1 serving
1 ½ cup chicken stock (sometime I use 1 1/2 cup water and 1 chicken cube)
½ cup ground pork
½ cup cooked rice
1-2 tsp. fish sauce
1 tsp. green onion
1 tsp. celery leave
1 tsp. fried garlic (optional)
 Cooking instructions
1.       In the pot add chicken soup boil then make it in to a ball ground pork and add into the pot then add fish sauce.


2.       Let it boil until pork is cooked then turn the heat off
3.       In the serving bowl add rice then add green onions, celery leaves then add pork soup on the top then top with fried garlic. Now it is ready to serve!!!


PS: in Thailand we serve sugar, fish sauce, chili powder, vinegar on the side to let the folks adjust the rice soup to their own tastes.

No comments:

Post a Comment